Thursday, December 31, 2009

A new year’s coming!

 

And to celebrate it, I decided to answer this survey I found on a message board. It’s cool to reflect about the year that’s ending today (or have already ended in a few places), and get excited for tomorrow!

        

         1. Did you do something this year that you've never done before?

    Yes. I went under a bariatric surgery last September 17th.


    2. Did you keep any of your New Year Resolutions?

    Yes. One of them was to lose weight, and with the help of the surgery I've been really successful. (have lost 74,96lb/34Kg until last time I checked)


    3. Did you or anyone you know have a baby?

    Yup! A friend of mine had a baby boy in October, and a co-worker had a baby boy too, but in the beginning of December.


    4. Did any loved ones pass away?

    Yes. One of my great-aunts (a really dear to me one) passed away last June, just one day before my birthday.


    5. What cities/states/countries did you travel to?

    None. I saved all my money to house things this year.


    6. Is there anything you lacked in 2009 that you hope will happen in 2010?

    Yes. More patience for work stuff.


    7. What day/event this year will you always remember?

    March 7th. I went to a Backstreet Boys concert after 8 years. It was a blast!


    8. What was your greatest success in 2009?

    My family being happy and healthy, my weight loss going extremely well.


    9. Biggest mistake?

    *thinks* I dunno...This year was a pretty good one!


    10. Were you ill or injured?

    Not this year per se, but I had been treated for high blood pressure for about 3 years. Not anymore, thank God.


    11. Your best purchase?

    My new MP4 player, books, a few new piece of clothes, stationery stuff, etc...Nothing BIIIG, hehehe...Oh! Almost forgot! *slaps forehead* The tickets to the BSB concert! *hugs my boys*


    12. What did you spend the most money on?

    Christmas presents for the family. But seeing their faces made everything SO worthwhile!


    13. Did something make you truly happy?

    Yes. Ending the year with a light head, you know? No debts, good health, family around, one more year doing a job I really like...


    14. What songs will forever remind you of 2009?

    None in particular, but listened to Rascal Flatts and Colbie Caillat A LOT this year!


    15. Were you happier or sadder this year compared to the previous year?

    Waaay happier! It sounds weird saying that because I lost my great-aunt a few months ago, but overall, that's the truth.


    16. What do you wish you would have done more of?

    Write. I could have written more. I could have written. Period, haha.


    17. What do you wish you would have done less of?

    *thinks* Hmmm...I don't know. Really don't know!


    18. How did you spend the Holidays?

    At home, with my family. And it was very, very nice!


    19. Did you fall in love this year?

    Only with myself.


    20. Your favorite TV-shows of 2009?

    The same as the previous years. Old TV series, some talk shows. Same old, same old.


    21. The best book you read?

    The books I've got for Christmas: “The Three Sisters Island Trilogy”, by Nora Roberts.


    22. Your greatest musical discovery?

    This year??? None.


    24. Something you wished for your birthday and got?

    To have a quiet birthday lunch with my family.


    25. Something you wished for your birthday and didn't get?

    My great-aunt to recover.


    26. How did you spend your birthday this year?

    I worked in the morning, and had my (teenage) students singing “Happy Birthday” to me (aaawww!), and then had lunch with my parents, sister, aunt and two cousins. It was quiet and simple, but very nice.


    27. Is there something that would have made 2009 a better year?

    If my great-aunt had recovered it would have been an even better year. But now she's in heaven with my grandma watching over us.


    28. How would you describe your fashion style in 2009?

    The same. Very casual, and comfortable.


    29. What made you feel good?

    Lots of stuff. Feeling healthy again, seeing my family happy and healthy, having my friends around, just being at home reading a good book...etc, ...


    30. What celebrity were you the most passionate about?

    Brian Littrell! Hahaha.   I can't help if he's getting hotter and hotter each year.


    31. Did you miss anyone in your life?

    Hmmm... *thinks* Not really. No.


    32. If you could summarize 2009 in just one word, what would it be?

          Awesome!

And with that, I end my last post of 2009 wishing you all an absolutely wonderful New Year! With our lives full of love, happiness, peace and good health… See you in 2010!!

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

Related Posts with Thumbnails